Narrated By: Kris Dyer
Duration: 11 hours and 51 minutes
What to expect
It's completely understandable if you're in the dark about alchemy. It has been practiced around the world and linked to various religious rites, scientific experiments, and, of course, magic - a series of beliefs and disciplines that defy categorisation and definition.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Alchemy demystifies this ancient art with an easy-to-comprehend overview of its history, philosophies, and practices. In it, you get:
- The basic principles of alchemy - including the Three Essentials that are present in all things
- The alchemist's code - ciphers, signs, symbols, sacred geometry, and more
- A list of tonics, elixirs, and other alchemical medicines
- The three stages of alchemical transformation
- The meaning and power of the Four Elements - Fire, Water, Air and Earth - and the Fifth Element, the Quintessence
- A look at the relationship between alchemy and science
- An exploration of the significance of the Philosopher's Stone
- A behind-the-scenes tour of a medieval alchemist's laboratory
Sit back and enjoy Kris Dyer reading you The Complete Idiot's Guide to Alchemy!
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your My Library section along with the audio.
2008 Dennis Hauck © 2019 DK Audio
Magic, alchemy and hermetic thought, Magic, spells and alchemy
Listen to a sample