Narrated By: Olivia Dowd
Duration: 14 hours and 48 minutes
What to expect
An easy-to-understand approach to mindfulness and how it works with simple techniques for focusing on your mind, body and emotions with meditation methods to help deepen your mindfulness practice, narrated by Olivia Dowd.
'Over the last 25 years, the practice of mindfulness has been shown to be very beneficial to all kinds of people, for all kinds of reasons. Mindfulness has been shown to improve cardiovascular health, increase rates of healing, decrease reported pain levels, and improve immune response. There is evidence it can decrease anxiety and stress, provide a way to cope with depression, increase levels of satisfaction with relationships and work situations, and help people change problematic behaviours.'
Mindfulness is consciously paying attention to your present experience with a receptive attitude, in order to perceive things more clearly. Mindfulness enables people to get more in touch with the truth of their lives and make more beneficial choices. When people cultivate mindfulness, they experience important physical and emotional benefits.
In Idiot's Guides: Mindfulness - An Easy-to-Understand Approach to Mindfulness and How It Works, listeners get:
- A clear explanation of how mindfulness works and how to practice it in daily life
- Steps for opening oneself up to the experience of mindfulness
- Guidance on paying attention to one's body, emotions, and thoughts, and how to overcome the distractions that get in the way
- Instructions for the top mindfulness meditation methods to help deepen mindfulness
- Ways to use mindfulness to help alleviate anxiety, depression, compulsive behaviours, addiction, and trauma
- Help with using mindfulness to repair and improve relationships with others, connect with children, and find meaning in life
© 2014 Domyo Sater Burk © 2019 DK Audio
Listen to a sample