Narrated By: Luci Fish
Duration: 10 hours and 10 minutes
What to expect
‘A heartbreaking tale’ THE SUN
‘Exceptionally beautiful’ MIRANDA DICKINSON
They’ll always have each other…won’t they?
Lisa and Elliot have been best friends ever since the day they met as children. Popular, bright and sporty, Lisa was Elliot’s biggest supporter when the school bullies made his life a misery, and for that, he will always be grateful.
Twenty years later, life has pulled the pair apart and Lisa is struggling. Her marriage is floundering, her teenage kids are being secretive, and she’s so tired she can’t think straight. So when Elliot knocks on the door, looking much better than she remembers, she can’t help but be delighted to see her old friend again.
With Elliot back in their lives, Lisa’s family problems begin to improve – he’s like the fairy godmother she never had. As their bond deepens, she realises how much she’s missed him, and prays that this is one friendship that will last a lifetime. But sometimes, life has other ideas…
A heartwarming story perfect for fans of Keith Stewart and Jojo Moyes, that will leave you with a tear in your eye but hope in your heart.
Modern & contemporary fiction, Romance
Listen to a sample
PRAISE FOR S. D. ROBERTSON
- ‘A heartbreaking tale’ THE SUN
- ‘Exceptionally beautiful’ MIRANDA DICKINSON, SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER
- ‘A wonderful tale of devastation and ultimately hope’ KATHRYN HUGHES
- ‘A MUST READ’ Stewart Foster
- ‘When I wasn't actually reading this book, I found myself thinking constantly about it. Real. Emotional. Powerful. A must-read for anyone who loves to lose themselves completely in a book.’ CLAUDIA CARROLL
- ‘One of those unique books that once read will truly stay with you for a lifetime.’ Compellingreads.co.uk
‘• A sad, sweet, thought-provoking tale about the love and the bond between parents and children.’ Lovereading.co.uk